Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Bilingual Secretary
Duty Location: The Bilingual Secretary shall be based in Accra.
The Bilingual Secretary works in a national position and will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager of the North and West Africa Division (NWAFD) of IFDC.
S/he will work closely with IFDC’s administration and finance staff in Accra and the Division Director’s Bilingual Secretary based in Lome. Among other tasks, s/he will:
- File, copy correspondence and other secretarial duties.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing correspondences, minute-taking at meetings.
- Assist in the organization of international workshops, training as well as conferences and purchase of tickets and make hotel arrangements for local and international staff and participants.
- Organize and maintain accurate filing systems.
- Assists in the review, formatting, proof reading, editing and make ready of project deliverables for donor submission (technical reports, work plans, budgets, proposals, etc.).
- Translate documents from French to English and vice versa.
- Keep appointments and manage the Portfolio Manager’s schedules and liaises with project staff, partners and donors throughout the region on behalf of the Portfolio Manager.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in the annual evaluation of and documentation on projects in the NWAFD portfolio.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and follow-up of MoUs.
- Liaise with the admin and finance office in Accra in the application of IFDC procedures.
- Perform any other tasks related to the function requested by the NWAFD Director and the Sr. Portfolio Manager.
Qualification and Requirements
- HND secretariat or other professional secretarial qualification.
- At least 5 years work experience, ideally with an international NGO.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and French.
- Computer literate in MS-Excel, MS-Word, Power Point and Outlook and web-based system.
- Ample experience in formatting, proof reading and editing Word documents and Power Point presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure and for extra hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of secretarial tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Good team work skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Basic knowledge in accounting.
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6710/bilingual-secretary-at-int-fert-devt-center/ to apply