Location: Greater Accra Region
A leading conglomerate in Ghana is seeking a Chief Security Officer for immediate employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the corporate security strategy of the Group, as well as the security architecture development, and overall oversight function of the security functions of the Group.
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
- JOB DESCRIPTION
- The Chief Security Officer (CSO) is the leader of the corporate security function for the Group.
- The role includes responsibility for the overall corporate security strategy, security architecture development and overall oversight function. The scope of this role covers all utilized security technologies and services including protection services, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control and profile management of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- As the company’s senior security officer, the CSO also has enterprise-level responsibility for all security policies, standards, evaluations, roles, and corporate awareness.
- The CSO will work with user and technical groups and Internal Auditors in the development and implementation of a security strategy designed to provide a high level of security over physical facilities.
- The CSO must be able to develop and implement flexible security solutions, dictated by the needs of a rapidly evolving business environment. The individual must be a results-oriented person who can achieve tangible improvements in the corporate security arena.
- Excellent technical and communications skills are a must as well as proven security leadership experience.
- RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Work closely with corporate executives, business managers and audit to understand corporate requirements related to security and regulatory compliance and to map those requirements to current security projects.
- Develop, implement and manage the overall enterprise process for security strategy and associated architecture.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and guidelines related to corporate security.
- Oversee the continuous monitoring and protection of facilities and personnel. Evaluate suspected security breaches and recommend corrective actions (including incidents involving outside vendors).
- Serve as the focal point for security incident response planning and execution.
- Define and implement an ongoing Risk Assessment program which will define, identify and classify critical assets, assess threats and vulnerabilities regarding those assets and implement safeguard recommendations.
- Oversee the development of and be the champion of a corporate security awareness and training program.
- Manage security functions related to corporate information systems or data centers, working closely with the Administrative Manager.
- Evaluate changes to the corporate environment for security impact and present findings to Management.
- The Chief Security Officer(CSO) will initially report directly to the Administrative Manager and the Vice President, Finance.
- The CSO will have direct reports including an Administrative Assistant, the Security Manager and various other staff.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree from a recognized tertiary institution with relevant work experience.
- Excellent staff management skills.
- Ability to interface with top management
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of management experience at least five of which were in a security-related area in a leadership capacity.