Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Accountants
Job Location: Accra
- Maintains school fiscal records related to appropriations, expenditures, revenue, and cost accounting functions.
- Prepares and posts bookkeeping entries.
- Calculates, adjusts, verifies and balances assigned accounts.
- Maintains balance of general ledger to subsidiary ledgers.
- Performs accounts receivable/payable functions to include verifying charges and authorization.
- Monitors departmental and school budgets to assure availability of funds prior to approval of expenditures.
- Prepares departmental or special project budget estimates for income and expenditures, calculating extensions according to appropriate formulas and schedules.
- Plans, schedules, and supervises the flow of accounting data.
- Maintains position control and reconciles with budget and payroll.
- Compiles computes and prepares complex statistical data and financial reports such as month and year-end closing, balance sheets, income and expenditure statements.
- Compiles monthly attendance data.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Use of electronic spread sheets, data bases, and computer data processing.
- Procedures and practices required in research, data collection, statistical computation and reports.
- Ability To:
- Learn coding of financial data for computer entry.
- Apply accounting principles and procedures.
- Operate computer terminal, calculating machines, ten-key adding machines and with speed and accuracy.
- Analyze and interpret financial records and reports.
- Make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain cooperative work relationships.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Education and Experience:
- Two years of higher education including course work in accounting procedures and/or practices combined with two years of accounting experience, preferably in a school position.
- Four years of experience may be substituted for one year of education.
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6668/accountants-at-springforth-international-school/ to apply