Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Controller (Finance Department)
Job Location: East Legon, Greater Accra Region
A reputable Oil and Gas company is seeking qualified applicants for full-time Controller in its Finance Department. The position is located in our Head Office in East Legon Accra Ghana.
The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practices and comply with general accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures to financial management, budget and accounting
- Hire, train and develop staff based on needs of the department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the finance and accounting staff.
- Planning, assigning and directing work, appriasing performance, staff development rewarding and disciplining employees and problem resolution
- Supervises and participates in preparation of critical financial statements and reports. Reviews financial statements with CEO
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries
- Directs and participates in cost analyses & rate studies.
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue.
- Explores opportunities to reduce net operating expenses
- Prepares cash balances report for partners and explores cash management opportunities
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
- Lead and participate in all financial operations of the company including reporting, forecasting, invoicing and cash management, accounts payble/receivable and payroll
- Lead and participate in the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate policy.
- Consolidation of the monthly results
- Tax compliane including income tax and corporation tax, etc.
- Preparation of forecasts of future performace of the business
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems
- Interacts with third parties in matters partaining to accounting issues
- Assist the consulting Chartered Accounting firm in the preparating of all year end data and journal entries required for tax purposes
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by executive management
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree in finance with a minimum of 10 years of experience including at least 5 years in the durable oil & gas industry or in logistics.
- Must have strong cost-accounting expertise
- Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel & Power Point, Tally and in internet software.
- Knowledge of Job Scope in a plus
Other Skills & Character
- Independent worker with great teamwork attitude
- Exceptional presene, presentation and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation, adaptability, ease of handling multiple responsibilities
- Personable, friendly and down to earth manner
- Sharp, thoughtful approach
- Excitement about being part of Menergy Internatinal homes team and culture
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and conscientiousness
- Ability and flexibity to scale with the company
- Innovative and creative thinker
Compensation based on experience. Other compensation includes competitive benefits packages
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6648/controller-finance-department-at-menergy-ghana/ to apply