Location: Brong-Ahafo Region
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Contracts Officer
Job Location: Sefwi Chirano near Bibiani
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To provide commercial, technical or legal services in respect of the acquisition of materials and services and the warehousing and distribution thereof.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS TO ACHIEVE OBJECTIVES
- Receiving of Purchase Requisitions.
- Contracts Writing /Placing of orders
- Administration And General Responsibilities
- Contracts Administration
- Health and Safety
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receiving of Purchase Requisitions / Enquiry of Documents
- Clarify with the originator if necessary, the scope of the enquiry in relation to the originator’s instructions, ensuring that requirements are adequately described and the correct specifications and drawings are forwarded.
- Supervise the day today purchasing operations of the purchasing section and contract administrator if any.
- Defining the scope of the enquiry for Tender.
- Maintain the Supply Agreements for Inventory items.
- Train and assist the purchasing / Contracts Administrator Officers.
- Maintain sound ethical Standards within the department and report any deviations to materials Manager.
- Continuously seek Opportunities for improvement in the supply chain (lead times, pricing and contracts).
- Discussing, and if possible eliminating inconsistencies with tenders.
- Preparing tender analysis schedules summarizing prices and evaluating omissions and differences. Negotiating with the favored tenderers to remove, contain or limit risk areas and other contractual anomalies. Recommending the most commercially acceptable tender to the originator.
- Assist the Inventory Controller / Cataloguing officer as required.
2. Drafts contracts / order documents and amendments thereto by:
- Interpret and evaluate the originator’s instructions
- Ensure the scope of the contract / order /amendment is clear, comprehensive and free of ambiguities
- Advise chosen contractor / supplier is aware of the items and conditions of the contract / order
- Select the contract / order amendment clauses and conditions appropriate to the scope and type of contract / order / amendments
- Compile the contract / order / amendments
- Sign contracts / amendments within the prescribed signing limits in accordance with Company policy “Signing Authorities on contracts and Agreements” issued by the Manager – Commercial Services, from time to time
- Expediting the issues of the contract / order / amendment document
- Ensure that the “Excluded” supplier listing is strictly adhered to and that no contract/ order is awarded to companies appearing on the listing
3. Attend to administrative functions associated with enquiries, contracts / orders and amendments
- Report on the progress / status on all documents being prepared or administered by the incumbent and on all unprocessed work.
- Attend to contractual correspondence within their competence.
- Attend to other matters considered appropriate by the incumbent’s supervisor for the training or advancement of the incumbent.
- Effect cost containment / cost savings against end-user budget.
- Update the database with work progress.
4. Contracts Administration
- Advise Business Unit on the legal and commercial requirement and contents of the contractual process and Amendment packages
- Review tenders and receive tender analysis schedules to ascertain the effectiveness and appropriateness of the analysis and selected contractor
- Review contract /amendment documents and interpret the meaning and intent thereof. With regard to claims /disputes advise the parties regarding the legal, commercial and contractual position.
- Advise on the selection and / or modification of appropriate terms and condition for the scope and type of contract / amendment
5. To investigate and review the contractual process and report on weaknesses and deficiencies found therein:
- Identify potential for improving contractual conditions and work procedures and report thereon.
- Provide a consultancy service advising the Business Unit on any legal, commercial and/or contractual matters.
- Identify areas of potential risk and financial loss to the Business Units relating to contractual conditions, policies and procedures.
- Identify areas of potential financial loss/saving to the Business Unit relating to the control of work carried out and issued of materials.
- Investigate and advise Business Unit and contractors on the legal, commercial and contractual obligations during dispute resolutions.
- Negotiate the settlement of claims / disputes.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Business Administration and Social Sciences / Diploma in Purchasing & Supply, Stores Management, Logistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- More than five (5) years’ working experience as a Senior Supply Staff in a Mining, Manufacturing, Retail Operations and Shipping industry.
- Knowledge in Logistics & Freight Forwarding will be an added advantage.
- Solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Knowledge about contract law.
- Class B Driver’s License.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office Suite especially in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6574/contracts-officer-at-chirano-gold-mines-limited/ to apply