Film makers and participants interested in being considered for the 2013 GIAMA nominations must be residents of any African country, or an African descendant living in the Diaspora, in order to be considered eligible.
• The GIAMA Awards of Merit shall be awarded annually and will recognize outstanding performances and achievements in theatrically released films in the African film industry.
• The Awards of Merit shall be presented in the form of a gold plaque with an imprint of GIAMA on the statuette, and will be provided to all the winners for each categories listed below:
• All eligible films, unless otherwise stated, must be a feature length (defined as over 60 minutes running time).
• All films to be considered must be shot or released between January 2012 and May 2013. Films that were previously submitted for 2012 GIAMA consideration are not eligible.
• Eligibility for all awards will first be ascertained by credits as they appear on the screen and/or as provided in the submission form to the GIAMA organization by the producing companies. Final determination, in the event of credit discrepancies, will be made by the GIAMA in conjunction with the producers or publicists of the film production company.
• In the event of any dispute concerning credits, the GIAMA maintains the right to declare any achievement ineligible or, alternatively, to reject all claims to credit, list credits as being in controversy and withhold any award until the dispute is resolved.
• Every submission shall be conditioned upon the delivery to the GIAMA in a DVDor Blu-ray format.
• Interested film makers should contact the appropriate contacts as stated below, and complete the required form while submitting a preview copy of their movie(s) for GIAMA Awards consideration.
• In submitting a film for GIAMA Awards consideration, the film owner(s) are deemed to have conveyed to the GIAMA organization the right to choose excerpts from the film for incorporation into the GIAMA telecast for the year in which the film is in competition.
• The preview copy should be submitted between the recommended dates April 6 through May 31, 2013.
• The official entry forms, accompanied with a cast and credits list, a brief English language synopsis of the film, a biography and digital photo of the prospective nominee(s), and/or the official poster/cover design of the film must be submitted during the film entry. Other fact sheets may also be sent to further document the submission.
• All Official Screen Credits forms must be submitted to the GIAMA organization by Friday, June 31, 2013.
• An achievement submitted for GIAMA Awards consideration may not be withdrawn after Friday, June 28, 2013.
For all other enquiries including clarification or rules for submission, please email: [email protected]
USA PR Contact:
Bukky Ebun (NView) @ (1)862-237-3486
Nigeria PR Contact:
Bola Aduwo (NAccess) @ (234)813-104-2710
Ghana PR Contact:
Yemoh Ike (Next Media Concept) @ (233) 544-708-525 / (233) 261-328-443
E-mail: [email protected]
To submit a hard copy for screening, please email [email protected], or contact the respective contacts as listed above to obtain the rules and eligibility criteria. While submitting your movie, please indicate what category you are submitting for and your contact details:
The categories for the 2013 GIAMA are as follows:
GIAMA AWARDS CATEGORIES
• Best Motion Picture
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Most Promising Actor
• Most Promising Actress
• Best Original Screenplay (best script)
• Best Indigenous Film (native language)
• Best Supporting Actor
• Best Supporting Actress
• Best Film (comedy)
• Best Film (drama)
• Best Film Director
• Producer of the Year
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• Humanitarian Award
• GIAMA Heroes Award
• Best Original Soundtrack
• Best Costume
• Best Cinematography
• Best Sound
• Music Achievement Award
• Appreciation Awards
• Best Film (Diaspora)
• Best Film Director (Diaspora)
• Most Promising Actor (Diaspora)
• Most Promising Actress (Diaspora)
VIEWERS CHOICE CATEGORIES
• Best Male Act (Viewer’s Choice)
• Best Female Act (Viewer’s Choice)
The 2nd annual GIAMA ceremony will commence on the 19th of October, 2013 in Houston, Texas. Stay tuned on www.giamaawards.com for several updates and announcements.