The private part of a 16-year-old class five pupil of Kpone Methodist Primary School got severely burnt and sealed when fire caught her nylon dress and extended to that part of her body.
The victim, Susana Amaa told Adom News the sad incident happened during a visit to her grandmother at Nsawam in the Eastern Region.
She explained that she was selling Kerosene for her grandmother at Nsawam and she mistakenly spilled some of the kerosene into her dress and the lantern she was using to sell the kerosene caught her cloth and burnt her stomach and private parts.
Susana noted that the burns have developed into a horrible sore and she now has difficulties urinating because part of her sexual organ has been sealed by the burns.
She said that since the incident she has not been able to go to school because she can hardly walk.
Madam Regina Badu is the other grandmother of Susana Amaa and stays with her at Kpone.
She told Adom News that she has been staying with the girl from her infancy since her father died but now she is cash strapped and cannot foot her medical bills.
Madam Regina Badu is therefore pleading for financial support to meet the increasing medical bills of the child and for surgery to help her urinate normally again.