YAYA TOURE has today penned a new four-year deal at Manchester City — just like Sunsport told you he would this morning.
I can reveal the towering midfielder has finally SIGNED a new contract worth around £11million a year.
It comes just two weeks after his agent Dimitri Seluk warned Manchester City that Toure was ready to quit the club in the summer unless they sorted out his situation quickly.
Toure, 29, had become increasingly frustrated as talks over a new deal had stalled for six months.
Yet the Premier League champions moved quickly to ensure they would retain their most influential star after the story appeared in SunSport.
The club’s directors have been in talks with Toure and his representative since the Ivory Coast star returned from international duty last week.
They made it clear they had no intention of letting Toure leave and news of a new deal will give fans and boss Roberto Mancini a massive boost ahead of the derby with United on Monday.
New City technical director Txiki Beguiristain had a similar role at Barcelona when Toure quit the club three years ago.
Along with former Barca vice-president Ferran Soriano, who is now City’s chief executive, they knew they could ill-afford to allow one of City’s most popular stars to leave.
Toure is hugely popular among fans who appreciate his immense contribution to City’s success in the last three seasons.
The midfield ace had not asked for a pay rise but was bemused at the six-month delay in finalising a contract extension despite initially being told in July that a new deal would be sorted out by last September.