Talks underway for Ayews return

Sports News of Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Source: ghanasoccernet

Ayews 04.11

Ghana legend Abedi Pele says talks are underway for his two sons Andre and Jordan Ayew to return to the Black Stars following retirement from the national team.

Andre and Jordan Ayew temporarily called time on their international career last month after the duo were excluded from the squad for 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Jordan was excluded from Ghana’s squad when it was named while Andre failed to report on time for the team’s camping in Abu Dhabi which resulted in his exclusion.

In the wake of their decision to quit the Black Stars, the Ghana FA urged the two France-based brothers to reconsider their decision and rejoin the Black Stars.

With concerns that there has not been any movement since the GFA urged the duo to reconsider their decision, the three-time African Footballer of the Year has revealed that high level talks are underway to get the two players to return to the national team.

“I think this is beyond my own limit. I think there are discussions going on and I hope it goes on well,” Abedi Pele said in an interview with told Multi TV when asked when his sons will return to the national team.

While Jordan complained of the uncertainty over his starting place in the Black Stars, Andre said he had problems with the management of the team which resulted in his decision to quit.

Jordan was urged by the GFA to reconsider his decision as he is still relevant to the national team while Dede was told to make himself for the country while his concerns are addressed.

Ghana has subsequent 2014 World Cup qualifying matches against Lesotho, Sudan and Zambia.

The Black Stars thrashed Sudan 4-0 in Kumasi last week without the Ayew brothers.

Comments