A survey conducted by FAKS Investigative Services, an investigative and research company in Ghana, has named Local Government and Rural Administration Minister Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, was the Best Minister in 2012 and Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa as the Best Deputy Minister.
A statement copied to peacefmonline.com and signed by Fred Yaw Sarpong, CEO of FAKS Investigative Services, explained that the objective of the survey was to recognize the tremendous contributions that some Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Regional Ministers and Members of Parliament in Ghana have made towards the development of the country.
Conducted between November and December 2012, the survey also named MP for Akuapem North, Mr. William Ofori Boafo was the Best MP and the Eastern Regional Minister Victor Smith as the Best Regional Minister.
The MPs survey was conducted in Parliament with mostly respondents being Journalists (Parliamentary Press Corps) and staff of Parliament. During the survey, some of the reasons people gave for nominating who was the best included Public Speeches, Character, Service Performances to their respective Ministries, and Loyalty to Ghanaians.
The survey for the Ministers’ performance was conducted by taking samples and asking the opinion of more than 2,000 Ghanaians in Accra, Tema, Kumasi, Tamale, Koforidua, Ho and Sunyani.
The respondents were asked “Which Minister/MP is doing or has done well during the year 2012 and deserves recognition?”
Per the results, the winners scored averagely between 85% and 90% mark. 1st runners-up had between 65% and 80% while the 2nd runners-up scored between 50% and 60%.
1. Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Samuel Ofosu Ampofo (Local Government and Rural Development Ministry)
2. 2nd Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Madam Hannah Tetteh (Trade and Industry Ministry)
3. 3rd Best Minister of the Year 2012 – Hon. Haruna Iddrisu (Communications Ministry)
1. Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Hon. Samuel Okudzato Ablakwah (Information Ministry)
2. 2nd Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Seth Tekper (Finance Ministry)
3. 3rd Best Deputy Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Elvis Afriyie Ankrah (Local Government and Rural Development Ministry)
1. Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Victor Smith (Eastern Regional Minister)
2. 2nd Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Dr. Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah (Ashanti Regional Minister)
3. 3rd Best Regional Minister of the Year 2012 – Mr. Paul Evans Aidoo (Western Regional Minister)
1. Overall Best MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. William Ofori Boafo (MP for Akropong)
2. Best Majority MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Alban Sumani Bagbin (MP for Nadowli West)
3. Best Minority MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Osei Kyei Mensah-Bonsu (MP for Suame)
4. Best Majority Female MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Hajia Mary Salifu Boforo (MP for Savelugu)
5. Best Minority Female MP of the Year 2012 – Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah (MP for Bantama)
The survey was sponsored by Gentrac Investment Limited