from severe rib and genital damage as a result of attack on him by security officials at the 11th November Sports Stadium in Luanda, Angola last Tuesday.
Obour, a leading supporter of the Black Stars, who underwent intensive medical examination at the Clinica Sagrada Esperanca in Luanda, last week, had been battling with serious discomfort and lying sick since the attack on him.
He sustained several wounds on his body and which left him with swollen face .. Medical bills on him made available to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) Sports showed that it cost him a whooping 900 US Dollars to undergo the examination.
Obour, who normally appears at matches with his body painted in Ghana’s national colours and carrying a pot and placard with a special inscription, told the GNA Sports that he had since struggled to urinate due to the attack on him.
He said Ghana’s Youth and Sports Minister, Mr Rashid Pelpuo, gave him 200 US Dollars as part of his medical expenses.
He added that in addition to his own money of 300 US Dollars, the rest of the amount was made possible through kind donations from a group of radio presenters.
Randy Abbey, Spokesperson of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), said his outfit had lodged an official report with the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) to express their concern over the issue.
He said the GFA had attached the medical report and the bills to the complaint sheet to CAF and the matter would be up for discussion at a meeting to be organized by the continent’s football controlling body.
He said though there was no law that bounds CAF to pay compensation in such situations, they were patiently waiting for the final decision.