21.1 C
London
Saturday, August 13, 2022

Death threats for Kotoko boss accusers

Array
Kotoko CEO Sylvester Asare-OwusuThe Police are investigating death threats made against committee members of an investigation that banned Kotoko CEO Sylvester Asare-Owusu from football for five years.

James Marshall Belieb, who headed February’s stadium disaster, says death threats have been made against him and other committee members in phone calls.

Asare-Owusu is also to be prosecuted for stealing following the death of four fans after an overcrowding at a league match between Kotoko and Hearts in February.

The Kotoko CEO admitted collecting money from fans to watch the game even though the was stadium as already packed to capacity and failed to account for the money he collected.

But the punishment has not gone down well with Owusu-Asare and the Belieb Committee members believe the threats are connected with their work.

Government approved the committee recommendation this week and Belieb Committee member Kofi Asafo Adjei says his life has been in danger since then.

“It started the moment the minister released the report; that evening we had calls so we alerted the national security who are now in charge investigating,” Adjei said.

“For now we know some of them… But the point I want to make is that some of us are not scared about what is going on.”

The Ghana police authorities are investigating the threats while the committee members have been provided with security.

The committee also recommended the dismissal of the Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Council, Prince Oduro Mensah, for allegedly tampering with the CCTV cameras placed at vantage points at the stadium.

Source: ghanasoccernet

Latest news

Man Utd 5 – 0 Wigan

Portsmouth 1 – 4 Arsenal

Sex workers storm port city

Related news

Man Utd 5 – 0 Wigan

Portsmouth 1 – 4 Arsenal

Sex workers storm port city