Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has confirmed the club will fine record signing Robinho following his training ground walk-out in Tenerife last week.
The Ã‚Â£32.5m forward made an unscheduled departure by flying home to Brazil without telling Hughes that he had to attend some “family business”.
“I have told Robby about the situation and our intention is to fine him,” revealed Hughes.
“There is a disciplinary procedure and that is what we are doing.”
It had been suggested that the 25-year-old would escape punishment by Manchester City for leaving the training camp on the Spanish island of Tenerife without permission.
But Hughes said: “I have read some of the things that have been said this morning but nothing could be further from the truth.”
The manager had stated he would wait for Robinho to return to Manchester before considering his punishment and the player, City’s top scorer this season with 12 goals, came back from South America at the weekend and trained on Monday.
Hughes said: “What I would like to say is that he will be treated no differently to any other member of the squad.”
The former Wales boss is expected to fine Robinho a fortnight’s wages – an estimated Ã‚Â£200,000 – as punishment.
Robinho, who arrived from Real Madrid in September, had insisted there had been no fall-out between him and Hughes following his walk-out.
“I have a good relationship with Mark Hughes and have always respected his decisions,” the Brazilian said on his personal website last week. “He is the boss.”
Robinho is now set to line up alongside new arrivals Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong when Manchester City host Newcastle United in Wednesday’s Premier League match at Eastlands.