I had what I consider to be a pretty good date a few days ago. He was cute, he made me laugh and was good company. After much debate, I agreed to let him come upstairs.
Somehow, he ended up sleeping over. Now, anytime I sleep over a manÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s place, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m pretty much trained to throw my clothes on the minute the sun rises and run out, to avoid being kicked out, so I expected the same from my date.
But instead, he chose to stick around and watch television. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not that I necessarily had a problem with this because I did have a good time with him, but I did think it was time for him to be on his way.
It made me wonder how to properly way to kick a guy out in the morning without being rude. Of course, if you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like the guy and donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t plan on seeing him again, honesty may just be the best policyÃ¢â‚¬â€i.e. Ã¢â‚¬Å“time for you to be going, buddy.Ã¢â‚¬Â But until the iPhone invents an application for politely kicking a man out, here are five ways to get rid of the unwantedÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ Ã‚Â
1. The Emergency Call: iPhone may not have an app yet, but thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s why youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve got your girls on speed dial. Text one of them in the bathroom and have her call you in five minutes. You can come up with a bucket load of excuses. Forgotten lunch date, she locked herself out her apartment and you have a copy of her key, you have to walk her dog. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a common way for getting out of a horrific date so why canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t you use it for an awkward morning-after?
2. Very, Very Important Appointment: Tell him you have a standing appointment at (whatever time you need it to be) with your trainer at the gym. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s part of your new yearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s resolution. CanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t break the resolutions so soon! If the gym doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t apply to you, use any standing appointmentÃ¢â‚¬â€nails, hair, waxing, gynecologist etc.
3. The Family Obligation: Family comes first, and youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve got brunch with Mom or Dad. If your family doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t live in the area (and your date knows this), tell him your godchild lives nearby and you have to babysit. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a stretch but itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s believable.
4. Volunteer: Since we live such wholesome lives, volunteering our free time at an animal shelter or a hospital isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t completely far-fetched. He wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to get in the way of you doing a good deed.
5. Work Calls: Start scrolling through your Blackberry and pretend your boss just emailed you some last minute things that need to be handled ASAP.Ã‚Â With layoffs going on, you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t afford to fall behind on your responsibilities.Ã‚Â