Woyome’s case adjourned to May 19
An Accra Fast track high court has adjourned the case involving businessman Alfred Woyome to the 19th of this month.
Alfred Woyome opened his defence in an ongoing judgment debt trial last week Monday.
He is battling allegations he benefitted from an amount of 51 million cedis paid to him by the state as judgment debt for no work done.
Joy News’ Anny Osabutey who was in court reports that hearing was adjourned after two hours of coherent submission by Mr. Woyome.
Mr. Woyome was caught fumbling when he first opened his defence last week, but his counsel tells Joy News it was normal for a witness to occasionally lose focus in a case that has travelled for about two years.
After extensive proceedings today, Musa Ahmed, one of his legal team members, said he was “impressed” with the performance of Mr. Woyome in court.
He said so far the embattled businessman has been able to put forth a “formidable defence”.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.