Home / Odd News / Teenager Has Finger Amputated After False Nail Glue Caused It To ROT (PHOTO)

Teenager Has Finger Amputated After False Nail Glue Caused It To ROT (PHOTO)

adsf

A teenager has told how doctors had to remove her fingertip when it started rotting after she used false nail glue.

Sarah Greenaway, 17, was in agony with a serious infection after applying fingernail glue bought in her local Boots for £3.20.

The bar worker said: “My nail had turned a greeny-black colour. When antibiotics didn’t work at A&E, I was rushed in for surgery. It was very frightening. I was crying in pain.”

Doctors had to cut open her right index finger from tip to palm to clean it out

But Sarah then caught an MRSA infection and had to spend two more nights in Royal Gwent hospital, Newport.

Now Sarah, of Pontypool, South Wales, has to have physiotherapy to help regain use of her finger and is considering legal action.

She added: “All I wanted was for my nails to look nice.”

A spokesman for Boots said: “It is a matter for the manufacturer. We don’t feel able to comment at this time.”

=”left”>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>