Home / Odd News / Australian Man Grabs A Beer After Deadly Snake Bite Before Being Rushed to the Hospital

Australian Man Grabs A Beer After Deadly Snake Bite Before Being Rushed to the Hospital

snake

What do you do when you’ve been bitten by one of the deadliest snakes in the world? Crack open a beer, of course.

That’s what Rod Sommerville, 54, of Australia, had in mind after he was nipped by a eastern brown snake in his backyard last month.

After the bite, the Queensland man said he went inside and called emergency services, according to local reports. He then apparently grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down to enjoy the brew while he waited for the ambulance to arrive.

Sommerville reasoned that panicking would have made it worse.

“I said to myself, ‘if I’m going to [die], I’m going to have a beer,’” he told the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin.

Native to Australia, eastern brown snakes are highly venomous and can deliver around 4 milligrams of venom in a single bite. Though the species is responsible for the most deaths due to snakebites in the country, the poison can usually be countered with an anti-venom.

Sommerville’s case was no different. The beer-drinking man was picked up by emergency services and treated with an anti-venom at a local hospital. Although he had an adverse reaction to the medication, Sommerville survived the incident.


=”left”>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>