Tussle Over EOCO Contempt Case


fast delivery of viagra

http://youthub.net/?viagra=best-mail-order-viagra best mail order viagra

is it legal to order viagra online

viagra billig ohne rezept

http://vipohity.com/?ed=viagra-100mg-preis viagra 100mg preis

http://vipohity.com/?ed=is-there-generic-viagra is there generic viagra

generic viagra professional 100mg

mixing xanax and alcohol side effects

Christopher Nimako, an Accra-based businessman, had brought the contempt proceeding against Kweku Mortey Akpadzi, Executive Director, Edward Cudjoe, Acting Head of Legal Affairs and Charles Wilcox Ofori, after the respondents had arrested him for withdrawing some money from his account at the Adabraka branch of the HFC Bank on the orders of the court.

The trio recently rushed to the Financial Division 2 of the Fast Track High Court to purge themselves of the contempt charge by filing a joint affidavit – a move Justice Ajet-Nasam had said was ‘procedurally wrong and incorrect in opposition in a contempt application.’

He had wondered how EOCO officials got to know that Mr. Nimako had gone to the bank to withdraw money and suddenly marshaled forces to effect his arrest and collect the GH¢68,000 from him.

The contempt proceeding against the three officials was prompted by a ruling by the Financial Division 2 Court on March 10, 2014 that EOCO should defreeze the accounts of Mr. Nimako at the Adabraka branch of the HFC Bank.

When Mr. Nimako went to the bank on March 28, 2014 to withdraw money, Mr. Ofori (3rd respondent), in collaboration with Mr. Cudjoe (2nd respondent), arranged with security officers of EOCO to arrest him.

According to Mr. Nimako, Mr. Ofori collected the money he had withdrawn from him without assigning any reason for it and when he (Nimako) asked the security team for their identity cards, they shouted at him amidst intimidation.

The applicant further averred that the security officers took him to the office of EOCO and subjected him to an extensive interrogation after which he was granted bail without the money.

On March 31, 2014 when he went to EOCO with his lawyer to enquire of the reason for the seizure of the money, he was re-arrested and whisked to an Accra Circuit Court and prosecuted for money laundering where he was later granted bail.

By Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson ([email protected])

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.