Transfer Talk: Kwarasey for Nottingham Forest
Transfers of Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Follow the rumour mill with the latest transfer rumours, gossip and speculation from the newspapers and online.
- Dec 15 — According to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, Stromsgodset and Ghanaian international goalkeeper Adambathia Larsen Kwarasey is headed for Nottingham Forest in the English Championship League.
- Marseille have allowed teenager Kevin Osei to try out at French third-tier side Amiens SC.
- Norwegian side Rosenborg are ready to offload midfielder Mohammed Awal Issah. Issah has not been training with Rosenborg in pre-season this year ahead of the start of the new campaign. He was signed from Serbian side Red Star Belgrade as a replacement for GAnthony Annan but that was not to be.
- Jan 12 — Osei Pele is expected to join Adana Demirspor in Turkey.
- Jan 10 — RSC Anderlecht is considering to loan Frank Acheampong for 6 months plus buying option.
- Jan 9 — Udinese aim to lure Richmond Boakye away from the Juventus this winter.
- Jan 9 — Former Liberty Professionals midfielder, Abdul Aziz Tetteh, has joined Greek Premier side Platanias on a three-and-half year contract from fellow Greek lower division side, Fokikos FC
- Jan 8 — AC Milan have joined the race to sign Afriyie Acquah. Arsenal is also being linked to the 20-year-old midfielder who has been dubbed the new Michael Essien.
- Jan 7 — U-20 defender Richard Ofori is on a one-week trial at FC Kaiserslautern. The 19-year-old plays for Mighty Jets.
- Jan 6– Samuel Afum signed a three and half years contract with Swiss club Young Boys of Bern
- Dec 5 — Serie A side Udinese have completed the signing of Ghana youth defender Masahudu Alhassan from Genoa on a co-ownership basis. Masahudu will however remain at Serie B side Novara until the close of the season before joining Les Zebrettes in August.
- Jan 4 — Fulham are keen to sign Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng from Dnipro but have apparently told him that he must reject the chance to play in the African Nations Cup. However, journalist Gary Al Smith has revealed on Twitter that he has spoken to a Ghana FA official, who told him: “Fulham are blowing hot air. If they try to block Derek, we’ll mess them up.”
- Jan 3 — Fulham will attend a work permit hearing for Derek Boateng on Friday ahead of a proposed move, according to reports. The Sun is reporting that the move will be a six-month loan deal with a chance for Fulham to buy the player in the summer.
- Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are chasing defender Samuel Inkoom in this month’s transfer window. West Brom are thought to be keen to bring the defender to the Premier League, while Hamburg and Sporting Lisbon are also chasing his signature.
- Egyptian side Ismaili are in talks with Gaish striker Ernest Papa Arko over a free transfer next summer.
- French top flight Stade Rennes has announced the signature of John Mensah for 6 months. The 30 year old has been without club since he parted company with Lyon this summer.
Mensah played for Rennes from 2006–08 before he signed for Lyon in 2008-09. Due to recurrent injuries he featured for Lyon in few games in 2008-09 before he was loaned to Sunderland. Sources revealed that the absence of John Boye was the main reason for his enrollment. Mensah has been training with the Breton Club since November. He will wear shirt number 20
- Jan 2: Goal.com are reporting that Dnipro midfielder Derek Boateng is currently undergoing a medical at Fulham, ahead of a permanent move to London. Talks broke down last August, but it now seems the 29-year-old will complete the transfer.
- (Daily Express) Arsenal are ready to make a €9m offer for Palermo midfielder Afriyie Acquah, who is on loan to Parma. The 20-year-old was handed to Parma this summer on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season, but they do not seem intent on taking that up. Acquah could be heading to the Premier League during the transfer window
- Jan 1 (Daily Mirror)– Swansea are to revive their long-standing interest in Bristol City’s £3m rated Ghana winger Albert Adomah.
- Kpando Heart of Lions are ready to make a swoop for their former top marksman Sam Yeboah.The 26-year-old made name with Lions way back in the 2003-2004 Ghana Premier league season where he won the goal king race, but had an unsuccessful spell abroad playing for clubs including Moldovan side Sherrif Tiraspol, Israeli sides Kfar Saba, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Ashdod. The striker terminated his contract with Cypriot side Nea Salamis Famagusta this year after playing 11 games for them and scoring three goals and he is now a free agent.
- Mamelodi Sundowns have moved to clear two of their foreign signings, Emmanuel Baffour and Mumuni Abubakar, off their wage bill
- Ashgold say their leading marksman, Yakubu Mohammed, would not be sold to Asante Kotoko, but could head to Turkey or Tunisia at the end of the Ghana league season
- Dec 30 (UK Sun) — STOKE are lining up a move for winger Solomon Asante. The Berekum Chelsea players is on a short list for Africa-based player of the year.
- Dec 27 (MTNFootball) — Prince Tagoe will sign for Saudi Arabian Pro League side Al Ettifaq. The 26-year-old has undergone medical at his former club ahead of completing a move. He played for Ettifaq 2007-09 before leaving for German Bundesliga side TSG Hoffenheim in June 2009.
- Dec 21 — Massawud Alhassan will officially join Udinese after Christmas after Antonio Floro Flores was finally transferred from Udinese to Genoa.
- Dec 20 –Swedish top-flight side Malmö FF have reached an agreement to officially contract Heart of Lions striker Benjamin Fadi for three years in March, 2013.
- Dec 18 — Arsenal is monitoring the progress of Ghana international Afriyie Acquah. The 20-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Parma from Serie A rivals Palermo. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Acquah—whom the Sun claim is valued at £8 million—has been likened to his fellow Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien.
- Dec 17 — Heart of Oak midfielder, Laryea Kingston is undergoing a trial in Singapore for an eventual deal with Brinei side, Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota FC. According to Africasoccer.com, the deal may worth US$ 1 million. The 31-year-old may not be present tomorrow as Heart of Oak play heart of Lions in the Ghana Premier League.
- Dec 16 –French side Rennes are pondering a swoop for defender John Mensah as a cover for his compatriot John Boye who is heading to the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations
- Dec 13 –Aston Villa are eyeing midfielder Derek Boateng, claim The Sun. The 29-year-old plays for Ukrainian side Dnipro but has recently fallen out of favour and could be available for under £5 million. However the midfielder would depart for the African Cup of Nations in January, having played his part in the qualifiers, which could dissuade Paul Lambert from making a bid.
- Dec 3 — David Nii Addy is on the books of Vfl Wolfsburg & Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is preparing to gazump West Ham for the services of Andre Ayew, the English media have reported.
- Derek Boateng will choose between Fulham and Aston Villa next month.
- CELTIC have ended their interest in winger Frank Acheampong, dubbed ‘the Ghanaian Lionel Messi’
- Porto winger Christian Atsu has turned down a new deal at Porto to alert Tottenham and a host of other clubs.
- Kotoko’s Ben Acheampong expected to join Angolan side Petro Atlético de Luanda