Posted: Friday 13th June 2014 at 11:37 am

TRAGIC: How Man Died In The Hospital While Looking For Maternity Ward

A 38-year-old man in Delta state has lost his life after he was electrocuted by a detached wire while on a visit to the Central Hospital, Warri area of the state.

The victim identified as Mr. Victor, an indigene of Edo State was on his way to Lagos form Port Harcourt when he got news that his elder brother’s wife had delivered a baby boy, so he decided to pay a visit to the mother and baby in the hospital before proceeding on his journey, Daily Independent reports.

According to a source who pleaded anonymity, Mr Victor was searching for the maternity ward when he steeped on a naked wire near the Blood Bank Department of the hospital which electrocuted him, leading to his death.

His friend who was with him was said to have tried frantically to get the attention of the doctors and nurses but all his efforts proved futile.

The victim was later confirmed dead at the accident and emergency ward of the hospital.

After the incident, his family reportedly abandoned his body for the hospital management to take care of.

However, a nurse pleaded anonymity said she had complained of the naked wire earlier but everyone turned a deaf ear.

The nurse said, “I told them that the naked wire will kill somebody one day but they did not listen to me, even when I tried to write, I was advised not to write by a medical expert.”

The Medical Director of Warri Central Hospital could not be reached for comments as he was said not to be available.


If you wish to know how this story develops, use 
 TRAGIC: How Man Died In The Hospital While Looking For Maternity Ward


Know more about this news? Update the info!

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

+