We only have 12 minutes to impress someone on a first date, a new study reveals.
Here’s the list of the little things you can do that will mean a lot and will put you ahead in the dating game.
1. Have fresh smelling breath – 64 per cent (reveal self-respect and consideration for others)
2. Make eye contact – 58 per cent (conveys sincerity and shows you are interested in the person)
3. Smile – 45 per cent (and he/she will smile in response)
4. Relax and have a good tone of voice -25 per cent (it will provide the confidence to create a great first impression)
5. Wear good and clean clothes – 23 per cent (which make you feel both smart and comfortable)
TOP DATE TURN-OFFS:
1. Body odour – 59 per cent
2. Bad breath – 53 per cent
3. Swearing – 38 per cent
4. Scruffy clothes – 36 per cent
5. Not smiling – 33 per cent
Initial step in a relationship can be a nervous experience, but an important one.
You need to think about the little things that will mean a lot on that first date.
It appears that first impressions are formed very quickly!