Programme Support Officer at VSO International
Location: Greater Accra Region
VSO is a development organisation that has been working through volunteers to fight poverty for more than fifty years and we are the leading organisation in the field. We work in 34 countries and we are constantly exploring new ways to use the time, energy and skills of people to make a difference.
To contribute towards the achievement of VSO Ghana’s objectives through ensuring the delivery of timely, efficient and effective support function in accordance with VSO policies and procedures; we are currently looking for a dynamic and results-oriented person to join the VSO Ghana People Management Team to proactively provide administrative, logistical, and financial support to volunteers and employees. The successful candidate will also provide ICT support to employees. The position is based in Accra for a two-year renewable contract and reports directly to the People and Operation Manager.
Job Title: Programme Support Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
- The role will maintain an efficient IT network system in the offices and coordinates procurement activities in accordance with organisational policies and procedures with support from the People and Operations Manager.
- You will be the first point of contact for volunteer welfare support needs with guidance from the People and Operations Manager.
- You will provide logistical support for the running of workshops/internal and external meetings and travels; coordination of vehicle movements; maintaining an assets and suppliers’ register; periodic maintenance of computers and IT equipment and supporting staff in their use of VSO web-based data systems.;
- The role works closely with other staff i.e. The People and Operations Manager, Finance Assistant, Programme Assistant and also supervises Drivers and cleaners.
Qualification and Requirements
- You are passionate about customer satisfaction
- Able to plan and manage own tasks efficiently with minimal supervision
- Communicate clearly and effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly responsive to requests from volunteers and staff
- Work well under pressure and have a good grasp of Microsoft applications tools.
- You are a team player, sensitive to the needs of others and upholds organizational policies in the delivery of your duties.