Posted: Tuesday 24th June 2014 at 6:36 am

Over 70 Boko Haram Members Fleeing To Sambisa Killed In Borno Air Raid

The Nigerian army has killed no fewer than 70 suspected Boko Haram members, who participated in separate attacks on Chuha I, Chuha II and Korogilim villages of Chibok local governmnet area, Borno State over the weekend.

Boko Haram & soldiers

Boko Haram insurgents and Nigerian soldiers

They were killed on Sunday, in an air raid with support from ground troops of the 7 Division, Nigerian army as they were fleeing towards Sambisa forest after their attack on the three villages, Vanguard reports.

More than 40 people had been killed last weekend when suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked three villages in Chibok, razed down houses, shops and vehicles before carting away foodstuffs and livestock.

According to one of the residents of Korogilim, Mr. Joshua Yakubu, after the attacks, the terrorists were moving in a convoy on Sunday morning, attempting to flee into Sambisa after their deadly mission and that’s when they were attacked by military operatives.

He said when they started hearing the sounds of explosion on the outskirt of the villages, they were gripped with fear but later discovered the explosions were coming from troops who were attacking the fleeing insurgents.

Joshua said he was among the courageous ones who visited the scene of the bombardment yesterday and they saw many dead bodies of the insurgents littered everywhere.

In fact, they were more than a hundred dead bodies. The food items they looted during the attacks were scattered all over the scene. People are trooping in to see things for themselves.

“I want to inform you that we are happy with the gallant effort displayed by the military for quick intervention which led to the killing of dozens of terrorists who wreaked havoc in our communities over the weekend as almost all of them were wiped out,” Joshua said.

The Director, Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade,confirmed the incident yesterday in a text message which said, “Yes, it happened.”

This is coming on the heels of yesterday’s tragic incident where a suicide bomber blew himself and seven others up at Kano School of Hygiene Technology along Gida Murtala-BUK road, leaving 20 persons life-threatening injuries.


If you wish to know how this story develops, use 


Know more about this news? Update the info!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

+