Both sides in the murder trial of South African athlete Oscar Pistorius have agreed to an extension until the middle of May, the Pretoria court has said.
The trial has already overrun its initial time frame with the prosecution not yet completing its case.
Mr Pistorius denies intentionally shooting his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day last year, saying he mistook her for an intruder.
Last week he said he would sell his home to fund legal costs.
The court in Guateng province said that the trial would continue until 4 April, then adjourn for one week before resuming until 16 May.
“All parties involved” had agreed to the dates, the court said.
The trial, which was initially estimated to have taken three weeks, has so far passed its deadline with only 18 witnesses out of a possible 107 to have testified.
It will enter its fourth week on Monday, with five more witnesses expected to be called by the prosecution.
The court had been adjourned to allow the defence team to finish preparing its case.
The prosecution says Mr Pistorius intentionally shot Ms Steenkamp – a model, reality TV celebrity and law graduate – after an argument.
But the athlete says he believed his girlfriend was in bed and that an intruder had entered the bathroom when he shot at the toilet door in the early hours of 14 February 2013.