An air search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has again been suspended because of bad weather in the southern Indian Ocean.
Eight planes reached the zone but faced zero visibility and are returning to base. Ships will try to continue the search, Australian officials said.
On Wednesday, Malaysian officials revealed fresh satellite images showing a possible debris field.
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board.
It had been en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it disappeared from air traffic controllers’ screens over the South China Sea.
So far, not a single item of debris linked to the missing plane has been recovered.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority, co-ordinating the search, said that aircraft had spotted three objects on Wednesday but despite several passes had not been able to relocate them.
As dawn broke on Thursday, Amsa said six military aircraft, five civilian aircraft and five ships would be taking part in the day’s search operations.
However, Amsa later tweeted: “Update: Ships staying in search area & will attempt to continue searching but all planes returning. Bad weather expected for next 24 hours.”