Several days after the abduction of a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Dicken Worlu, his captors are demanding the sum of N30 million as ransom.
Worlu was taking away from his residence on Ojike Streer in Mile One, Diobu area of Port Harcourt about a week ago by unknown gunmen.
A source said the kidnappers, who had been silent since they kidnapped Worlu had eventually established contact with the family of the victim and demanded N30 million to free him.
The wife of the victim, Patricia, said they (family members) had been praying for the unconditional release of the head of the family.
Patricia spoke on Sunday when members of the National Association of Seadogs paid a visit to
the family to sympathize with them over the incident.
According to the victim’s wife, “The family has not been the same since the sas incident. We are
appealing to the kidnappers to have pity on the family and release my husband.
“We don’t have the money. Where will the money come from? We are begging that they release my
Earlier, the leader of the association, Professor Temi Akporhonor, expressed sadness over
the dwindling state of insecurity in the country.
Akporhonor urged the Rivers State Government and security agencies to work together and ensure
the unconditional release of the PDP chieftain.
Akporhonor lamented that criminals were trying to portray the country as a jungle with their criminal activities, even as he told the wife of the kidnap victim to remain assured that her husband would be released.
However, effort to reach the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad to speak
on the matter was not successful as calls and text message to his mobile phone were not replied.