President Goodluck Jonathan has sacked the Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi.
He has therefore directed one of the the 11 newly sworn in ministers, Dr. Tamuno Danagogo, to take over from Abdullahi.
Jonathan assigned portfolios to the new ministers shortly after they took their oaths of offices at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The President said new ministers would also be named next week.
The new ministers with their portfolios are as follow;
- Senator Musiliu Obanikoro – Minister of State Defence
- Mohammed Wakil -Minister of State Power
- Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan -Minister of Police Affairs
- Ambassador Aminu Wali -Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi -Minister of Land and Housing
- Lawrencia Laraba Mallam -Minister of Environment
- Dr. Tamuno Danagogo -Minister of Sports
- Hajia Asabe Asmau Ahmed -Minister of State Agriculture
- Gen. Aliyu Gusau -Minister of Defence
- Boni Haruna -Minister of Youth Development
- Dr. Khaliru Alhassan Minister of State Health