President Goodluck Jonathan has sacked the Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi.
The sack was announced just before the commencement of the mid-weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, FEC.
Jonathan also assigned portfolios to 11 new ministers shortly after they took their oaths of offices inside the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The president also said new ministers would be announced next week.
The new ministers with their portfolios are as follow;
- Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (Lagos) – Minister of State Defence
- Mohammed Wakil (Borno) – Minister of State Power
- Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan (Osun) – Minister of Police Affairs
- Ambassador Aminu Wali (Kano) – Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi (Akwa Ibom) – Minister of Land and Housing
- Lawrencia Laraba Mallam (Kaduna) – Minister of Environment
- Dr. Tamuno Danagogo (Rivers) – Minister of Sports
- Hajia Asabe Asmau Ahmed (Niger) – Minister of State Agriculture
- Gen. Aliyu Gusau (Zamfara) – Minister of Defence
- Boni Haruna (Adamawa) – Minister of Youth Development
- Dr. Khaliru Alhassan (Sokoto) – Minister of State Health