The search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been moved following a “new credible lead”, Australian officials say.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority said the search would now focus 1,100km further north-east in the southern Indian Ocean.
It said the new information was based on refined analysis of radar data before contact was lost with the plane.
The airliner disappeared on 8 March with 239 people on board.
Malaysian officials have concluded that, based on satellite data, it flew into the sea somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean. So far no trace of it has been found.
Search efforts had until Friday morning been focussing on an area some 2,500km (1,550 miles) to the south-west of the Australian city of Perth.
But John Young, general manager of Amsa’s emergency response division, said that teams had “moved on” from that area based on the new information.