Philips is a multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style. Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stock exchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It‘s headquarters are in the Netherlands.
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Why choose Philips Consumer Lifestyle:
Today’s consumers take an ever-increasing interest in their personal health and well-being and that of their families. Whether it’s relaxing by listening to music, exercising in the gym, improving their personal appearance or feeding their new-born infants, they want advanced yet easy-to-use solutions that deliver superb user experiences. The phenomenon is global, and the pace of change is breath-taking.
Jobs at Philips Consumer Lifestyle put you at the heart of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) markets, introducing meaningful innovations that set new trends. Innovations that take the end-user experience beyond what’s currently possible, that capture people’s imagination and heighten their enjoyment. Innovations that help to drive Philips’ global growth.
Careers at Philips Consumer Lifestyle can take you in a multitude of directions. You can work in the Commercial Organizations and Business Groups that drive our business on the ground, or exploit your know-how in centralized functions such as Design, HR, Finance, Legal, IT, Innovation Management, Strategy Management and Supply. With dedicated Business Groups for Health and Wellness, Domestic Appliances, Coffee, Personal Care and Lifestyle Entertainment, careers at Philips Consumer Lifestyle can broaden or deepen your experience.
Business Development Manager Cons BoP Solutions Nigeria (Incubator)
Business Development Manager Cons BoP Solutions (Africa) and District Manager Li Ghana (Incubator)
Aim of the job:
Philips Consumer Bottom-of-the-pyramid (Cons BoP) is the business program of Philips Africa in providing products and solutions (i.e. Cook Stoves, Consumer Solar). Target segments are strategic customers, retail, social enterprises, large corporations’, government, NGO’s and entrepreneurs. The solutions are built on bundling technology, financing and value added services. In many cases alliances will be formed with third parties. This will require close management of partners and relationships.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) Cons BoP is responsible for leading the different stages of the sales process for new business with the Philips Africa Incubator. Will act as the commercial owner for all deals within the assigned territory, will sell innovation and world class products and solutions and execute on the defined business models.
The BDM will engage at senior level within private corporations as well as public departments, key ministries, key infrastructure and development organizations, as well as developing long-term strategic partnerships, and managing relationships and sales along the value chain.
The Business Development Manager Cons BoP will closely collaborate with the District Manager, District Sales teams, R&D, BU and respective Market Groups to support the growth of profitable order intake & sales within selected accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define local sales strategy and develop, implement and coordinate plan within the related districts and selected accounts.
- Continuous market and competition analysis
- Personally manage the business and take responsibility for defining and driving new/existing
- business models and relevant segment plans for the district
- Define and implement the segment specific product portfolio and manage the segment
- together with the team and sector colleagues
- Continuously adjusting the segment and key account strategy to segment and customer
- requirements based upon market intelligence work
- Shape the segment and key accounts by introducing Philips Spearhead products
- Manage Cons BoP sales cycles to secure new business:
- Identify new project opportunities
- Qualify identified leads on win probability and project feasibility to pursue project
- Develop qualified project leads and shape deals in close cooperation with customer
- Organize & manage negotiations with all involved relations
- Responsible for the collection of payments from the clients as per the agreed payment
- terms. Manage AR risk pro-actively
- Ensure full information exchange & activity alignment across all team members:
- Manage virtual deal team for specific opportunity
- Liaise with senior management (market, market group, BU
- Line up partners to support specific projects, develop cooperation strategy and ensure feasible implementation
- Develop and present individual business cases to senior management in case of important
- Go / No-Go decisions for customer projects
- Responsible for handing over the project to operations and remain commercial owner
- during entire project delivery phase
- Manage the entire buying center and all relevant stakeholders in the segment (e.g. Specifiers, Consultants, Installers, End-users)
- Co-ordinate with the design teams to prepare detailed technical offers and designs
- Provide business progress reports to the BDM Cons BoP Africa and the District Manager Li West-Africa and represent the segments in internal events
- Create awareness in District Teams and train colleagues on the portfolio
- Follow all relevant business and Q&R policies and procedures and when requested
- participate in reviews and follow-up actions
Authority to make decisions on ConsBoP Solutions’ activities in the assigned region/ accounts as directed BDM Cons BoP Africa and the District Manager Li Maghreb in line with the strategy and budget.
- Order intake (OI) and Sales
- Update pipeline (SFDC) on a weekly basis, resulting in % opportunities overdue < 3% at any time
- Account Receivables
Education & Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Strong consultative selling skills and sales/KAM experience, with a proven track record to support
- Project finance and management experience
- Experience with Public Private Partnerships
- Experience with working within a cross functional team within an international matrix organization
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language
- Mature Commercial Professional
- Able to act on Board of Management level (BoM)
- Consultative selling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to close large deals independently
- Good understanding of Financing
and preferably established network (loan programs, leasing, project finance)
- Expertise in Lighting or adjacent industries
- Understand customer’s business
- Good understanding of Lighting business fundamentals
- Analytical, conceptual thinker
- Master in Business or MBA education
- Experience in making business plans
- Proven strategic mindset
- Language requirement: fluent in English
Click here to apply