Home / Metro News / Benue adopts new formula for sharing relief materials

Benue adopts new formula for sharing relief materials

The Benue State Government on Thursday said it has adopted a new formula for the sharing of relief materials to victims of current attacks in the state.

Mr Adikpo Agbatse, Executive Secretary of the state Emergency Management Agency, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Makurdi that the formula was evolved to ensure equity in the distribution of the materials.

He said 40 per cent of the materials would go to those in temporary camps, while the remaining 60 per cent would be shared to local government councils and wards affected by the crises for distribution to victims.

Agbatse explained that the policy was to ensure that the assistance reached rural communities and discourage people from staying in camps.

According to him, victims who stay in camps are often complacent and unwilling to return to their homes.

Agbatse listed areas affected by the crisis to include nine wards in Guma Local Government, five in Gwer West, four each in Makurdi and Agatu, three in Logo and one in Kwande.

The executive secretary said no displacement was recorded in the ‘highly volatile areas’ of Gwer East, Katsina Ala and Ukum.

Agbatse commended the Federal Government for deploying soldiers to the state to help restore normalcy, and assured that the state government was also working to restore normalcy.

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7302103714501030"; /* ND6 */ google_ad_slot = "9287784905"; google_ad_width = 336; google_ad_height = 280; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>