As part of ongoing ministerial reshuffle that begun last week, President John Mahama has replaced Nii Lante Vanderpuye as Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry with Kweku Rickets Hagan.
Prior to the current reassignment, Mr Rickets Hagan was a Deputy Minister of Finance.
Also Benita Sena Okity-Duah, who was a Deputy Minister for Gender, Children & Social Protection has been assigned Deputy Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture.
The President has announced further changes in his administration with the nomination of Mr. Acquinas Quansah, Deputy Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture as Central Regional Minister.
The President has also, in accordance with Article 79(1) of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana, nominated the following as Deputy Ministers of State:
1. Mrs. Mona Quartey- Ministry of Finance
2. Mrs. Dela Sowah- Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Protection
3. Dr. Victor Asare Bampoe- Ministry of Health
The following Deputy Ministers of State have also been re-assigned as part of the ongoing changes in government.
- John Alexander Ackon, Deputy Minister for Chieftaincy and Traditional Affairs is now Deputy Minister for the Ashanti Region
- Dr. Alfred Tia Sugri has been moved from the Health Ministry to the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation as a Deputy Minister
- Ebenezer Okletey Tei Larbi has been moved from the Ministry of Defence to the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources as a Deputy Minister
- Dr. Musheibu Mohammed-Alfa of the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation is now Deputy Minister for the Upper West Region. Story by Ghana | Myjoyonline.com | George Nyavor | [email protected]
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.