Korle-Bu Diabetic Centre not obstructed by fire
Public Relations Officer of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Mr Mustapha Salifu, told the GNA that the fire affected only the Centre’s medical records department and destroued about a thousand of its five thousand patient folders.
He has, therefore, urged all patients who had appointment with the Centre to follow the normal routine for health care and services.
He added that temporary folders had been issued to patients whose folders could not be traced, while the Information Technology Department took time to retrieve clinical data from electronic backup, which stores records of all patients.
Mr Salifu assured the public that there was no cause for alarm, and that the hospital had instituted measures to ensure fire safety.
He said others were fire safety measures such as acquisition of fire extinguishers, regular fire drills for its staff as well as fire officers, stationed at the hospital.
Mr Salifu explained that the incident happened when a tree stamp was set on fire and the fire spread to the Centre because it was not properly extinguished.
He said the situation was quickly salvaged by the hospital workers with the help of fire service personnel.
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.