Posted: Friday 25th July 2014 at 12:35 pm

Kofi B Okays Court Action on GHAMRO

1050240x mg bgwi0mly86 kofi Kofi B Okays Court Action on GHAMRO

Kofi B



Kofi B
Hip-life artiste Kofi B says he is happy about the court action that threw the old board of the Ghana Music Rights Organisation (GHAMRO) out of office.

Kofi B was part of a campaign that sought for fairness, transparency and equity in the distribution of royalties by GHAMRO.

He was also one of the strong voices among other musicians who had been calling on the former Chairman of GHAMRO, Carlos Sakyi and the rest of his team to explain why the board was still in office when the organisation’s constitution said he shall remain in office for a maximum of two years – which elapsed in May 2013.

‘We were all fighting for the old board to step aside and that is what the court granted us. So everyone is okay about it,’ Kofi B told NEWS-ONE.

 About two weeks ago, a Human Rights Court ordered the Carlos Sakyi-led board to step aside, setting up another interim board made up of Enoch Agyepong, Nana Aboagye Dacosta and Kwame Nsiah Apau also known as Okyeame Kwame to operate for six months and ensure that structures are put in place for proper elections to be conducted to elect a permanent board for GHAMRO.

Speaking on the interim board, Kofi B stated that since the new board had barely started its operations, it was impossible for him to assess them.

‘For that one I cannot say anything about it because they are also new people. I can only evaluate them after one month in office. But if the elders in the industry agree that the interim board are competent, I have nothing else to say,’ he added.

Sources close to the organisation say the interim board of GHAMRO is expected to commence work in August.

 
By Nii Ogbamey Tetteh
(email: [email protected], twitter:@ogbameytetteh)

Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments

+