Kenkey seller dies in boiling oil
A 34-year-old kenkey seller last Monday met her horrifying end when she fell into boiling oil while frying some fresh fish.
The deceased, Akosua Safoa was found dead with her face submerged in the boiling oil at her private wooden kitchen at Abeka Kokoase in Accra around 10:00am yesterday.
The remains of Madam Akosua had been deposited at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue awaiting autopsy.
DSP Donyina Kyeremeh, the Tesano Divisional Crime Officer said the incident occurred around 10:00am last Monday at Abeka Kokoase, a popular area close to Abeka Junction.
The deceased kenkey seller prepared the kenkey in bulk and sold it to buyers by the road side.
Akosua Safoa, who had been in the business for years now, took her four-year-old daughter to school that fateful morning, after which she proceeded to Kaneshie market to buy some fresh fish for her kenkey business.
Upon her return, Madam Akosua, who did the business with her sister, one Lydia Amoah Akosua Somua, ordered the latter to fetch some water while she fried the fish.
Lydia narrated that when she returned with the bucket of water, she saw her sister lying dead in the pot full of oil face down while the oil was still boiling.
The fish and some flour the deceased was working on were scattered all over the place.
Madam Lydia said she immediately poured the water she was carrying into the fire to quench it but her sister was dead by that time.
She immediately rushed to the Tesano Police Station to report the matter.
DSP Kyeremeh said the police proceeded to the scene to pick the body to the morgue.
Investigations are ongoing, the Tesano divisional crime officer said.
Meanwhile, when the paper visited the scene, unconfirmed reports indicated that the deceased was an epileptic patient.
Some residents revealed that they had on two occasions witnessed the deceased under attack and falling on the ground.
But mother of the deceased, who gave her name only as Madam Fati, disputed the allegation and said her daughter was very fit.
Madam Fati said she visited the daughter that morning before the deceased took her little girl to school.
The mother said around 10:00am she was informed that her daughter had fallen into boiling oil and died
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.