Following incessant bomb attacks in the nation, the Nigerian Air Force has dished out security tips to the public and Air Force Schools on detection, what to do when you spot suspicious objects and how to survive bomb explosion.
Addressing journalists, the out-going Director of Air Force Information and Public Relations, Air Commodore Yusuf Anas said that the pamphlet which contains security tips would be a guide for the public on how to be security conscious, PM News reports.
Contained in the pamphlet are the following tips:
What to do when you sight suspicious objects/improvised explosive devices
- Remain calm and move away from suspicious objects.
- Be wary of crowd, unattended vehicles and damaged building.
- Do not attempt moving/touching any suspicious object from its position.
- Report such immediately by any fastest means possible by calling 112 Emergency Line, nearest police station or contact any security officer.
RELATED: US Issues Security Alert Over Ramadan
What to do during bomb explosion:
- Avoid panic. crawl under a study table or a solid object if things are falling and remain there for a least one minute.
- Do not use elevators, lay flat on the ground and keep your mouth open and breathe at small intervals.
- Stay away from glass or fixtures like windows, mirrors, cabinets and electrical equipment. Do not go near gas lines, fire hazards or kitchen.Read more
Know more about this news? Update the info!