Posted: Friday 20th June 2014 at 7:36 am

Harrison Ford broke left leg in accident, publicist confirms


Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in the injury he suffered while shooting the new Star Wars film, the US actor’s publicist has confirmed.

It was previously believed the 71-year-old had broken an ankle in an incident involving a door at Pinewood Studios on 12 June.

“His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly,” continued Ina Treciokas in a statement.

“He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”

Ford, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VII, was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after the accident.

The BBC understands he was injured while filming a scene involving a door on the Millennium Falcon, Solo’s beloved spaceship.

Last week a spokesman for the Lucasfilm production company said the actor had “sustained an ankle injury” and shooting would continue while he recuperated.

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police confirmed officers had been called to the studio in Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, just after 17:00 BST following reports of a man being injured in an incident involving a garage door.

A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said they were called to an incident involving “a door that had fallen”.

Ford is among a number of original Star Wars cast members who are working on JJ Abrams’ film, set for release in December 2015.

Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

+