Gunmen Kill 160 People In Kaduna
Emmanuel Adamu, the chairman of Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Friday, confirmed to the Punch that gunmen had so far killed about 160 people in the council area in several raids.
The council boss, who made this known to the state Deputy Governor, Ambassador Nuhu Bajoga, who was on tour of the area said, gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen had in June, raided two separate villages in the local government area and first killed first 38 persons with several others injured.
Related: Lawmaker Challenges FG Over Kaduna Killings
According to him, the attacks were carried out simultaneously in two villages of Ankpon in Nandu district and Kabamu in Fadan Karshi, both in Numana district of the council area.
He said the onslaught which lasted for three days, forced the council to impose a 24-hour curfew as part of effort to check the development from escalating.
Adamu, also confirmed that more than seven villages where raided and not two, as earlier reported, noting that over 160 people were killed while over 24,000 others had been displaced following the incessant attacks.
The council boss said that the over 24,000 persons that were displaced are now scattered among the five Internally Displaced Camps in the area.
“Your excellency sir, so far over seven villages have been attacked in the area and not less than 160 persons dead and over 24,000 displaced with many of them scattered in the five Internally Displaced Camps and others with relatives” Adamu said. Continue reading
Know more about this news? Update the info!