FACE OF NIGERIA: Heavy Military Presence At MMIA Turns Travellers’ Lives Into Nightmare (PHOTOS)
The afternoon of May 2, 2014, Friday, marked untypically heavy presence of military personnel at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.
The renowned writer, publicist and politician, Dele Momodu, took his accounts on Twitter and Instagram to tell the story and raise the alarm. His posts were backed by hundreds of people who have experienced the same situation.
Security measures turned life into a nightmare for both passengers arriving or departing the country.
Learn more from Dele’s posts below:
* If you have no business at MMIA, please avoid the place, because untold hardship awaits you!
* Passengers have taken to trekking with their luggage to MMIA Lagos because soldiers have taken over the place!
* A security man eventually came to break the padlock for passengers to enter the arrival hall of MMIA
More surprises awaited Dele outside the airport, where soldiers have taken over and disallowing even those who wish to purchase tickets!
* A soldier was heard yelling that he was ready to shoot because he was sent from Abuja. “I pray he doesn’t kill before he goes back!” Dele added.
* Those arriving MMIA Lagos had a long walk to freedom; so were those travelling out; nothing could be more tedious!
* Passengers are now expected to board a bus through this muddy road to a distant parking lot where your car must pay even if you’re only dropping off!
* As Dele found his driver, he wondered why these guys were busy amassing enemies for the President! “GEJ NEEDS PRAYERS,” he concluded.
If you wish to know how this story develops, use
Know more about this news? Update the info!