ECG’s prepaid meters emitting fire in New Bortianor
Residents in New Bortianor in Accra are complaining of poor quality pre-paid meter which they claim is emitting fire.
One of the residents, Reverend Stephen Apau told Myjoyonline.com, two of such pre-paid meters caught fire Tuesday evening.
But for the quick response of neighbours, who put out the fire, a disaster would have occurred.
He said when they called officials of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) to alert them of the incident, the ECG officials promised to come and have a look at the pre-paid meters Wednesday morning.
The meters are mostly fixed on electric poles outside the homes of users.
According to him, there have been similar cases of burnt meters around the neighbourhood.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.