Designer Kofi Ansah died of cardiac arrest
The family of the late renowned Ghanaian designer, Kofi Ansah, has refuted earlier reports that he died of food poisoning.
A statement from the family says the late designer died of cardiac arrest.
Kofi Ansah died Saturday at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital less than 24 hours after he was admitted there.
He was 56.
A relation, Mr. Kwesi Yankee, quoted doctors as saying the late designer suffered a disfunction of the left ventricular.
The family is waiting for a coroner’s report, he said.
Read below the full issued by the family.
Statement from family of Kofi Ansah
The sudden death of Kofi has come as a big shock to us all and which we are yet to come to terms with. The pain of his passing cuts deep, and we are beside ourselves with grief for man whose talent and craftsmanship, and sheer boldness helped place Ghana on the international fashion map. We are proud of the person he became, a man who touched so many, both young and old. While we are sad to loose our great husband, father, brother and relation,Ghana’s fashion industry is the poorer for this loss. May his soul rest in paradise. Books of condolences will be opened at his residence at Nungua, the residence of his elder brother Kwaw and at the premises of TV Africa. According to the statement, initial reports indicated that he dead of cardiac arrest .He had an enlarged heart which resulted in a blockage in his left artery.
An official autopsy report will be revealed on Monday 05 May 2014. Funeral Arraignment with be announced later
Official spokesperson for the funeral planning committee
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.