Delighting facts: June 5: Daily trivia about FIFA World Cup
World Cup trivia: Five things you need to know today (June 5)
1. French player Just Fontaine scored 13 goals in the 1958 World Cup in Sweden a record which stands up till date, as the the highest number of goals scored in a single World Cup history. Surprisingly the all-time top scorer Ronaldo used 3 tournaments to score a total of 15 goals.
2. PelÃ© and German Uwe Seeler are the only players to have scored in 4 World Cups, coincidentally both in 1958, 1962, 1966 and 1970
3. The last World Cup where players were allowed to join national teams while having played in different national teams in previous World Cups
4. The first World Cup that was broadcast in colour was Mexico 1970
5. The all-time top scorer in the history of the World Cup is Ronaldo LuÃs NazÃ¡rio de Lima with 15 goals. He played his first World Cup goal in 1998 against Morocco and scored a total of 4 goals. He continued his goal scoring form in 2002 by scoring a total of 8 goals to emerge the top scorer and again in the 2006 World Cup he scored 3 goals to braek the all-time top scoring record which stood at 14 goals by Gerd Muller. They goal which made Ronal surpassed ther German legend’s record was scored against Ghana in the quarter finals
For more sports news visit allSports.com.gh
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.