Home / News / Controversy over another body at KATH

Controversy over another body at KATH

Members of a family have vented their spleen on some nurses of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) over the release of the body of their late relative for burial last Sunday.

The family wanted the body for burial less than 24 hours after the death, in conformity with their religious dictates, but the nurses said they could not release the body because the death certificate was not ready.

That was because the medical doctors who would sign the certificates were on strike as a result of an earlier attack on them. The health workers are only attending to in-patients at the hospital.

But not satisfied with the explanation given by the nurses, the group verbally assaulted the nurses and cursed them, after which they left the scene.

This is the second attack on some health personnel of KATH over a dead body in less than a week. First attack

The first was an attack on nurses and doctors of Ward A1 of the hospital on February 5, 2014.

About 50 young men and women last Thursday stormed the Maternity Ward (Ward A1) of KATH and assaulted the nurses and doctors on duty, demanding the body of a baby believed to have been stillborn.

The baby had been stillborn to Madam Swabia Abdul-Mumin on Wednesday, February 5, this year. 

The Public Relations Officer of KATH, Mr Kwame Frimpong, confirmed the second attack but added that the two attacks were not related.

He said the second one, which had been a verbal attack, lasted for some few minutes but added that the hospital authorities would not leave anything to chance.

Comments:
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

+