CHIBOK GIRLS: Tell Nigerians The Status Of The Rescue Mission – Group Urges FG
The Bring Back Our Girls movement is asking the Federal Government to disclose the efforts made in rescuing the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by boko haram to their family members and Nigerians.
Deputy National Mobilisation leader of the movement, Yusuf Sheriff Banki who expressed deep concern over the safety of the missing girls at a press briefing yesterday in Maiduguri, Borno State said:
“Today (July 8) makes it 85 days after gunmen, suspected to be members of the Boko Haram, abducted over 200 female students of the Government Secondary School, Chibok, and there is still no credible information from the government on the whereabouts of these girls.”
“We are demanding for the status of the security operation to bring back the Chibok schoolgirls because the Nigerian government is not giving any information about the level of success and efforts made in rescuing the Chibok girls”.
Banki stressed that in the last 69 days that the movement had been sitting daily at the Unity Fountain Maitama, Abuja, there had not been any result from the government to show that it was serious about finding the missing girls.
He said rather than positive change, what the group had seen in the last 85 days was frequent attacks on Nigerians, with more mass killings, abduction and mass destruction of properties of innocent citizens in Borno State.Read more
Know more about this news? Update the info!