Ahmed Toure Confirms Talks Towards Shock Return To Kotoko
Posted On Wednesday, 14th August 2013
Striker Ahmed Toure has confirmed holding preliminary talks over a shocking return to Asante Kotoko.
The 26-year-old left the Porcupine Warriors unceremoniously last year after being banished from the first team over a disciplinary issue.
The Burkinabe has since globe trotted but failed in his pursuit of an extensive stay with a club.
The former Ghana Premier League MVP now says he is ready to return to the club where his football most thrived despite leaving as a ‘bad boy’.
Toure in confirming earlier reports of a move to have him return to Premier League champions however says talks are far from concluded although he is very much open to a return.
“I am always ready to return to Kotoko,” he told Metro FM.
“I have spoken to one official but nothing yet concluded but for me I am ready to play.
“If they (Kotoko) want me to come back, why not? If I am told to come to Kotoko now I am every ready to return.
“For me all other issues are not a problem. Everything is in the past and I am ready to play.”
Toure left the Ghanaian top flight at a time his game was on the up.
He had just started a new season as the previous’ MVP and also as the best player in the FA Cup.
His disciplinary issues however is his ultimate undoing after failing to return on time for pre-season after over-spending a compassionate leave under coach Maxwell Konadu.