Posted: Friday 2nd May 2014 at 19:25 pm

Abuja Explosions: Government Set To Relocate Nyanya Motor Park- Official

Following the bomb explosions that occurred in Nyanya, Abuja in the last three weeks, the government has reportedly finalised plan to relocate the Nyanya motor park to ‘somewhere else’.

This disclosure was made on Friday by the Chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council, Micah Jiba, saying details about the move would be provided later.

According to Mr. Jiba, the relocation of the motor park is one of the measures being taken to address the security challenge being experienced in the area recently.

“I want to tell you that very soon; we will relocate this park to somewhere else.

photo

 * Scene of bomb blast that happened in Nyanya motor park in Abuja

“My appeal to the people who are behind this bombing is that they should stop it, they should be their brothers,” the council official reportedly told PREMIUM TIMES reporter.

It could be recalled that no fewer than 19 people were declared dead from an explosion that happened near the park on Thursday night.

On 14 April, at least 75 people died from an explosion that occurred at the same park.

Meanwhile, the Village Head of Nyanya, Haruna Shuaibu, on Friday urged the Federal Government to deploy more security personnel to his domain to check the spate of bombings in the area.

The village head said traditional rulers in the area, including the Karu chiefdom, would soon visit the National Assembly to protest the bombings in the area. 


If you wish to know how this story develops, use 


Know more about this news? Update the info!

One comment

  1. FYI, Continental, is about a million times worse than Delta and the cuoesmtr service people at Continental intentionally shaft the flying public. There were many complaint pages up on the web site, with literally hundreds or thousands of travellers complaining about Continental burning them, it looked like enough to get a class action suit going. Somehow the Continental honchos got these web pages taken down, eradicated from the net, I presume they threatened whomever was hosting the web site. Then to add insult to injury Continental paid for some very bogus survey of the flying public , that put Continental passengers as the most satisfied of all passengers flying major airlines, and the survey listed a number of categories that had been previously up on the complaint blog, but instead of showing the actual level of frustration of the flying public at getting ripped off again and again and abused again and again, the Continental paid for survey had Continental with the least amount of complaints in the various categories, such as, ease of flight changes, change fees, etc. etc. And yahoo actually posted this survey as news on their web site, without bothering to find check who conducted the survey Continental or their proxies. Very duplicitous .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Wordpress SEO Plugin by SEOPressor
+