Posted: Saturday 26th April 2014 at 14:30 pm

Absolute Nonsense! Lord Commey Denies Nana Addo Assault

FO R M E R N A T I O N A L Organiser of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Lord Commey, has described as “absolute nonsense” media reports that he was recently ‘beaten to pulp’ by the security detail of Nana Akufo-Addo, the party’s 2008 and 2012 presidential candidate.

Mr. Commey said the story was cooked up by persons who wanted to portray the NPP as a divided party with its members fighting one another.

“It is a blatant lie cooked by the very persons spreading it. It’s absolute nonsense; I mean complete rubbish. If NDC newspapers would start using anything they pick from faceless people on facebook to run people down, then we are in trouble, because we also read all manner of things about certain NDC big wigs and even government officials on facebook. Should we take them serious and run with them?

“You pick some rubbish on facebook and you decide not to contact the persons involved to confirm or deny but rather run your coordinated stories with it simply because the rubbish you have heard satisfies your political interest and you assume you have broken the bone of an elephant?

Tweaa!” Lord Commey told DAILY GUIDE.

Mr. Commey was responding to media reports that during a recent visit to the Nima residence of Nana Addo, he was assaulted by bodyguards of the NPP senior capo.

According to the story, the said bodyguards were angry because Mr. Commey had kept some monies he was given to induce the party’s delegates at the recent Tamale conference to vote in favour of former party leaders – Fred Oware and Kwadwo Owusu-Afriyie.

“This nonsense of any ‘idiot’ getting up and saying Lord was given money to work but he has spent it has gone on for too long because some of us have decided not to get distracted so we hardly respond. But henceforth it would be boot for boot,” he warned.

Akufo-Addo Goes Wild

Meanwhile, DAILY GUIDE can report that the 2012 presidential candidate of the NPP, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, is amazed at a string of spurious reports being carried by pro-government newspapers against him.

First was an allegation in yesterday’s edition of the Daily Post tabloid with the banner headline, “Lord Commey pummelled by Akufo-Addo’s bodyguards.”

The office of Nana Akufo-Addo issued a statement emphatically and unequivocally denying the incident.

Lies

The statement described the story which had since been reproduced on various media platforms as nothing but a ‘blatant lie’ which must not only be disregarded and treated with the contempt it so deserved, but consigned to the bin.

In addition, the statement which was issued under the hand of Nana Addo’s Press Secretary, Eugene Arhin noted, “No money or any form of inducement was given to Lord Commey by Nana Akufo-Addo or ‘god fathers in the Akufo-Addo camp’ for delegates at the Tamale conference, with the aim of swaying delegates’ votes to favour any one candidate or a set of candidates.

“It has become evidently clear that the shameless agenda of some newspapers situated in the bosom of the ruling NDC government is to fabricate and peddle falsehoods about Nana Akufo-Addo, in the hope of trying to divert attention from the ailing and failing Better Ghana Agenda, which has so far been characterized by incompetence and economic hardships.

Ghanaians are discerning and know better,” it said.

Bature’s Bit

Earlier, the office issued a similar statement to dispel what it described as “another blatant lie cooked and served by NDC kingpin Alhaji Bature’s ‘newspaper’, the Al Hajj.”

According to the story, which had as its headline, “Nana appoints Jake, Sir John as Chief of Staff and Deputy,” Akufo-Addo had promised former National Chairman of NPP, Jake Obetsebi Lamptey and his General Secretary, Kwadwo Owusu-Afriyie otherwise known as Sir John the abovementioned positions when he becomes President in 2016, as compensation for their loss at the Tamale Delegates’ Conference of the NPP and had therefore asked them to “start carrying themselves as Chief of Staff and deputy Chief of Staff in the making.”

It further alleged that a list of Ministerial appointees for Nana Addo’s government had been handed over to Dr Mahamudu Bawumia to execute, should Nana Akufo-Addo not “get the opportunity to lead the NPP into government.”

Ploy

But the office of the former NPP flagbearer, who indicated his preparedness to seek re-election when nominations open, stated, “It is clearly obvious that a major strategy of our political opponents still remains the same: to manufacture their own set of facts and disseminate same as gospel and expect the public to swallow it.

“It is all part of an elaborate plan which aims to create disaffection within the NPP and against Nana Akufo-Addo. Ghanaians know better.”

The office therefore urged all Ghanaians to disregard, once again, another false story by the Al Hajj against Nana Akufo-Addo and the NPP, since “the work of the media is not to manufacture lies to destroy people, even if those people are seen as political opponents of the publishers.

“In addition, no money or any form of inducement was given to Lord Commey by Nana Akufo-Addo or ‘god fathers in the Akufo-Addo camp’ for delegates at the Tamale conference, with the aim of swaying delegates’ votes to favour any one candidate or a set of candidates.”

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

+