Many of us love our clothes unequivocally, and those true fashion devotees know that a perfectly organized closet is a thing of beauty. However, between grabbing an outfit in the mad dash to work each morning and the household tasks which need to be tackled on a weekly (if not daily) basis, the closet can become a neglected mess. But organization need not be a strenuous and stressful process, especially when it involves creating a sleek and stylish space for your favorite clothes.
Try these ten tips in the gallery above for a closet that is as tidy as it is chic.
1. If you have an extra shelf handy in your closet, but find that your handbags often end up in a jumbled mess, use stylized bookends bookends to keep your bags upright and organized. Simply line up your bags on the shelf and use your bookends to punctuate the collection. Purchase a few sets of bookends and separate bags by style or occasion. Your closet will look less cluttered, and the bookends will give it an extra bit of personality.
2. Paper towel holders aren’t just useful for the kitchen. If your scarves end up in an intertwined ball because of the difficulty of organizing them, use standing or mounted paper towel holders to organize your scarves. Simply roll each scarf onto the holder, and line up on a shelf for an orderly way to organize your stoles.
3. T-shirts are the bane of a tidy fashionista’s existence, if only because they seem nearly impossible to keep organized. If you’re looking for a convenience way to stack your tees without disturbing the whole pile when you take one down, use stacking letter trays to organize them. The trays keep separation between tees and make it easy to keep them in a neat pile without having to reorganize each time you wear one.
4. Why buy basic clothing hooks when you can use beautiful ornamental knobs instead? We often forget that walls can provide as much storage as shelves or racks, especially when it comes to handbags. For a beautiful, space-saving, and neat way to display handbags, attach decorated knobs to hang handbags like art on the back of your door.
5. Why buy basic clothing hooks when you can use beautiful ornamental knobs instead? We often forget that walls can provide as much storage as shelves or racks, especially when it comes to handbags. For a beautiful, space-saving, and neat way to display handbags, attach decorated knobs to hang handbags like art on the back of your door
6. For those fashionistas who love to separate their closet by color, don’t stop at your clothes when organizing. Try using rainbow hangers to color-coordinate your closet. Simply buy hangers in the shades which appear most often in your clothing, and arrange so that white blouses are paired with white hangers, red dresses with red hangers, etc.
7. If you have room for a small ottoman or step stool in your closet, make it into a functional luxury. Try choosing a version that has inner storage so you can place sweaters, scarves, or T-shirts inside.
8. If you don’t have the luxury of a true closet, try using a decorated screen or curtain to separate your standing clothing rack from the rest of the room. A separator will add dimension to your room and privacy to your dressing area, even if it’s just a corner of your room.
9. For those who live in climates with drastic, seasonal weather shifts, it can be a pain to transition between warm and cold elements. In order to make the most out of your closet space, putting away unseasonal clothing is essential. To make the process more functional–and beautiful–use vintage trunks to store clothing you’re not using. The storage will look lovely, and make for an easy switch when the seasons change.