6 Clear Signs Your Ex Wants To Get Back Together With You
If your ex wants you back, it’s easy to tell. Ah, yea ol’ breakup: a time to fret, to sulk, and to ponder the could of, should of, would of been. To put it frankly, breakups suck. They leave us feeling sad, hopeless, and frustrated about the time we have wasted. But, as awful as they may be, breakups do hold one secret that not everyone seems to know about: they aren’t final.Some of us, of course, know this: we analyze text messages, we scrutinize emails, and we wonder, time and again, “Does my ex want me back?” Now, there are all kinds of ways you can deal with this question: you can drive yourself crazy with wonderment, stalking social media posts and phoning up a psychic friends network to help decipher your ex’s state of mind. On the other hand, you can be calm, and rational and look for signs from the very source. So, the next time your ex does the following, the answer to “Does my ex want me back?” is likely a resounding, “YES!”
1. Your ex contacts you for lame reasons. People who break up, and want that breakup to remain intact, do not contact their exes. In fact, they do the total opposite: they avoid them at all costs. Some may even go as far as to change their phone number or email address. But, when an ex does contact you, it’s likely they are attempting to reopen the lines of communication. This is particularly true if the reasons they are contacting you are particularly lame: they want your recipe for pineapple upside down cake, they want to know if they left a package of gummy bears at your place, they want to know the name of the wine you bought in California five years ago, etc.
2. Your ex asks about you. Unless the end of the relationship was a knockdown, drag out, call the cops and have them escort you from the premises with threats of tear gas breakup, most people like to know that their ex will be okay. Asking about you once or twice is natural, but asking about you repeatedly hints at feelings still existing. Thus, if your ex goes out of their way to see how you are — asking your friends, your relatives, or yourself —they might be ruing calling it quits.
3. Your ex runs into you. Exes are going to run into each other, especially if they live in the same neighborhood or share the same social circle. But, if you find that your ex is running into you a ridiculous amount of times —you see them at the grocery store, at your tai chi class, at the library, in your bedroom closet — the “funny seeing you here” may as well be translated into “I’m here because I knew you’d be.”
4. Your ex behaves like they used to. Most relationships have a honeymoon phase, the beginning when everything is raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. This is the phase when you can’t keep your hands off each other and go out of your way to do nice things for each other. To MTV it up, it’s the phase right before people stop being polite and start getting real. If you find that your ex has reverted back to this phase — they become more romantic, they look for reasons to touch you, they act like they did when you first met — they most likely want a second chance.
5. Your ex makes a point to change. There is a reason your relationship ended. It probably wasn’t all of your ex’s fault or all of your fault. But, your ex can only fix whatever role was theirs. So, if they begin working on themselves, fixing whatever flaw or trait they possessed that helped contribute to your relationship’s demise, there is likely a reason behind their actions. Changing is hard; thus, people rarely do it for themselves. Usually, they do it for someone else.
6. Your ex tells you. It goes without saying: the surest way to know if your ex wants you back is simple. They tell you.