5 Ways to Keep Your Kids Active!!!
1. Talk about it: Discussing with your children the health consequences of spending too much time on electronic devices at the expense of more physical pursuits, such as swimming. If children know that sedentary activities have real health impacts, even for children, they may be more motivated to get moving.
2. Make a group decision: Have a family meeting to decide together what the right mix of time is for your family on electronic devices versus swimming and other outdoor activities. The key is setting goals as a family, and making kids part of the decision-making process.
3. Enlist participation: Ask your children if they would swim more if you made a commitment to get them to a pool on a regular basis. You may be surprised at how readily your children will unplug if given the chance to swim.
4. Quality family time: Express your interest in spending face-to-face time with your children. Too much time on electronic devices can be socially isolating. Letting your children know that you are also willing to turn off the computer, smart phone and television to have fun with them is an important idea to share.
5. Find local resources: Locate the municipal or community pool in your area, find out the hours of operation and build in time to get there with your children.